Stacey Papp is a partner in the firm’s Tampa office. Ms. Papp’s practice is focused on insurance coverage, maritime law, and civil litigation. In her coverage practice, Ms. Papp counsels and represents insurers nationally on a wide range of coverage matters, including general liability, professional liability, property and marine coverage. She renders coverage advice and prosecutes and defends declaratory actions at the trial court and appellate levels. In her litigation practice, Ms. Papp has represented corporate entities and individuals in civil matters pending in Florida and Virginia state and federal courts. Her diverse litigation practice includes maritime law, personal injury and wrongful death, products liability, construction defects, general tort liability, executive liability (officers and directors), professional liability, trademark and copyright infringement and unfair business practices. She has also represented businesses in employment disputes in the
areas of employment discrimination, retaliation, non-competition agreements, breach of contract, wage and hour violations and ERISA matters.
Ms. Papp served as law clerk to the Honorable Jonathan C. Thacher, Fairfax County Circuit Court, Virginia (2001-2002). She was also an adjunct professor of Legal Research & Writing at the George Mason University School of Law and an associate member of the George Mason American Inn of Court. She currently serves as a member on The Florida Bar Grievance Committee 13F.
J.D., George Mason University School of Law
B.A., Miami University
- United States District Court for the Southern, Middle and Northern Districts of Florida
- United States Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals
Claims and Litigation Management Alliance (CLM)
National Association of Minority and Women Owned Law Firms (NAMWOLF)
Southeastern Admiralty Law Institute (SEALI)
Tampa Bay Mariners Club (TBMC)
Maritime Law Association (MLA)
Experience & Recognition
- Christiansen v. Mid-Continent Cas. Co., 2012 WL 5034860 (M.D. Fla. 2012) (summary judgment obtained in favor of insurer where underlying complaint against insured arose out of its conduct in an unscheduled partnership).
- Evanston Ins. Co. v. Heeder, 2011 WL 4715177 (M.D. Fla. 2011) (aff’d, 490 Fed.Appx. 215 (11th Cir. 2012) (excluding coverage for operations falling outside those specified in Classification Limitation Endorsement).
- Rockhill Ins. Co. v. Coyote Land Co., Inc., 2011 WL 499991 (N.D. Fla. 2011) (summary judgment in favor of insurer based upon prior or pending claims exclusion in claims-made, site specific pollution liability policy).
- Eastpointe Condominium I Ass’n, Inc. v. Travelers Cas. & Sur. Co. of America, 379 Fed.Appx. 906 (11th Cir. 2010) (property damage exclusion in D & O policy applied to bar coverage for loss against condominium association for breach of fiduciary duty, breach of contract and negligence because claims depended on existence of property damage).
- Atlantic Marine Florida, LLC v. Evanston Ins. Co., 721 F.Supp.2d 1244 (M.D. Fla. 2010) (upholding professional liability exclusion to preclude coverage for additional insured where allegations against it were for design specifications and engineering services).